If you're family is anything like mine, carving pumpkins is a non-negotiable. It is a rite of passage to choose the perfect pumpkin and get your hands dirty! I love carving pumpkins but more than anything, I love the fact that at the end of it we are able to make delicious pumpkin seeds.
I used to keep the recipe simple until I was introduced to this simple spiced pumpkin seed recipe and there is no going back.
Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin seeds, cleaned of pulp, rinsed and laid out to dry overnight.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Pinch Cinnamon
- 1 Pinch Cumin
- 1 Pinch Cayenne
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay out seeds on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, toss the seeds with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, cinnamon, cumin, cayenne and honey.
- Spread seeds back on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Scrape from pan and stir seeds as they cool to prevent them from sticking.